Monday, October 27, 2008

A Birthday Surprise.

This week I celebrated a birthday. I had suggested to my husband that I would really love an heirloom rosary from Anne, at Tota Pulchra Beads. Anne made this wonderful rosary, which I will treasure for many years to come.



I had assumed that this would be the only gift of significance from my family. I knew that Koala had wanted James to take him to the local “cheap shop” to buy me a little something. Judging by the shape of the gift, I assumed that I was about to unwrap a print of a puppy; flowers or the like. I was delighted to find that I had a postcard size print of Our Lady of the Southern Cross, in a lovely frame complete with a white mat.
Koala had found the print on a "please take" table at church, and wanted to give it to me. James suggested that they frame it for my birthday. Had I asked for another gift, this is exactly what I would have chosen!

Our Lady of the Southern Cross was commissioned for World Youth Day 2008. It was painted bu Paul Newton, and hangs in the beautiful St. Mary's Cathedal Sydney.

2 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Such beautiful, and heartfelt gifts!!

Marcia said...

hope your birthday was a good one.