Monday, September 15, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook (vol1)

Here is my tweaked version of The Simple Woman's Daybook. I have borrowed a few of Erin's additions!

Outside My Window

The temperature has begun to rise, and the sun is appearing earlier which means I have started to walk again. I have really missed walking over winter, when it was too cold for me to go for an early walk, and when the motivation to go had evaporated by the time it warmed up.

I am thankful for

My level of energy. Now that my health has started to improve, I seem to be able to stay up longer when there is something to stay up for, and not pay for it all the following day. A few night ago I sat up until midnight researching a new history curriculum, and the next day I felt only slightly tired rather than wiped out.

I am going

This evening I am going to my friend Fiona's home to see a demo of the new model Thermomix.

I am reading

Postcard From The Volcano by Lucy Becket. I am enjoying it enormously. Wishing I had more time to devote to it though. I think it will take a another few weeks to finish.

I am looking forward to

Taking our new camper trailer away for 5 nights. We are only going local as James has no leave, so we are staying close to his work, which is close to the wonderful holiday location of Port Stephens. I'm planning to read a lot, both for myself, and to the boys.

I am pondering

How fast time goes, and how little time I have left to achieve all that I want to with Roo, before his formal education is over. Looking back to when the older boys were his age, I see that I let time slip away, and didn't get around to doing some of the things I wanted to, such as art appreciation and creation, living the liturgical year etc. I am trying to be more intentional with these things for Roo.

I am listening to

Conversations With Richard Fidler. This morning while walking I listened to an interview about great speeches. Right up my alley.

I am struggling

With patience. Both with the children, and with wanting to achieve more from my to do list.

Celebrating the liturgical year

Yesterday Roo watched the video Sunday Mass preparation video from Holy Heroes, and colouring sheet. I intended to make very simple crosses (Feast of The Exaltation of the Cross) made by cutting wafer biscuits, but we arrived home too late from Life Teen Mass to have dessert, so we did it today. It was certainly simple enough!

I am praying

For my Mother-in-law's companion who has been diagnosed with cancer, and for my sister-in-laws step daughter whose brain tumor has returned. We only found out today. We also continue to pray for Christians in the middle east.

A favourite quote for today

"Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that it is His Body?" St Cyril of Jerusalem.

A few plans for the rest of the week

On Friday we are finishing the term by visiting fellow homeschool friends who are hosting a morning tea for Catherine Hamlin's hospital in Ethiopia. Roo is really looking forward to seeing his friend Joseph, and playing in their lovely garden which he is very fond of!

A peek into my day

This was taken two weeks ago at the North Coast Catholic Homeschool camp. We had a fantastic time!




2 comments:

Kez said...

Sorry to hear about the health problems in your extended family. Glad to hear you're doing well - I too am looking forward to walking again!

Erin said...

I should be walking again too, you're inspiring me. love to know what history program you're looking at:) Great idea going local, we often forget we live in gorgeous places.