Monday, October 12, 2015

Our New School Room.

In December last year we moved into our new home. The only room in the house which I could visualise was the study. I am not very good at decorating, but I knew what I wanted in this room! After nine years in a small, but beautiful 1906 Federation cottage, with no dedicated learning space, I was VERY excited about having a room to keep all our books in.  My photos don't do the space justice, but I did my best. It is my favourite room in the house.

Those who know me well, know I have a soft spot for buttons! 

Here is our read-aloud sofa. I wanted red to offset the blue walls, but I didn't expect it to take so long to find the right sofa. The first one I found sold out after I waited too long, another one we drove to Sydney to look at ended up being orange, despite the sales person describing it as red. This one we found locally, and I LOVE it. The vinal wall sticker was a little tricky to put up, buy with the help of my ever patient mother, we managed put on the wall without too much drama. I had planned to change it in a year or two, to a quote from St Catherine of Siena, but after the stress of getting it on the wall, I may rethink that plan!


Next to our sofa we is our book basket, featuring the very beautiful Treasure and Tradition book all about the Traditional Latin Mass.


In the wardrobe I have two of these great shelves from IKEA.


I know this is a terrible photo, but I wanted to include it to show the two images I have on our wall. The one on the right is our St. Anne and Our Lady, which I think is perfect for a homeschool room! The other is Our Lady of the Way, perhaps my favourite image of Our Lady. The crucifix was a gift to my husband when he entered the church. We have always had it in our bedroom, but the gold perfectly offset the blue of the walls, and this way I get to admire it several hours a day, rather than just a glance at bedtime!



So that is our school room. A tranquil little room away from the distractions of the rest of the home. I find that we get a lot more done when we spend our lesson time in this room. We are very blessed indeed.

No comments: