Monday, September 7, 2009

Photo Diary.

My good intentions to blog about the following images, have remained just that, good intentions! So I'm rolling it all into one post.

Roo celebrated his 5th birthday on 20th July. Last year on his fourth birthday Bilby and I were in Sydney for the WYD closing Mass with the Holy Father!

One of the few books Roo will allow us to read him is the Ginger Bread Man. As it wasn't too difficult a cake to cut out and decorate I gave it a go! Not too bad I think.



Wonderful friends of ours, Patrick and Sonia, asked James and I to be the Godparents of their fourth child, Timothy.


We feel very honoured to be asked to help guide Timothy in his walk with the Lord. When I was asked to become Godmother to one of my cousins when I was 16, I really had no idea what it meant in a practical sense. Now that I know what it means to be a good Godparent I am really looking forward to this role. The only sad part of Timothy's special day was that the family moved to Brisbane the following week. We will miss this wonderfully, faithful family very, very much. Especially little Timothy! Thanks goodness for cheap flights!


After a bit of a break, we've started our Friday afternoon ritual of Tea Time. It's a wonderful way to end the week with special treats in honour of the saints. On St Maximillian Kolbe's feast day on 14th August, we enjoyed these polish treats while we read and discussed this extraordinary man's life and death. If you don't know much about this amazing man of God, take a minute to read about him and how he sacrificed his life for another, in a Nazi concentration camp.




Today in celebration of the birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Bilby has cooked Blueberry Muffins which we are about to enjoy.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You all have been busy!
Cindy

grandma said...

Tricia, I used to wonder what slant you would put on your Catholic faith and upbringing, when you had children of your own. Your boys are so blessed to have you as their mother and teacher. Isn't it wonderful to walk with them in faith holding their hands? You are a great faith role model, not just Catholic, but a person who knows Jesus.

Where did you get the Polish treats? If you made them, I'd like the recipe.